Tuesday 27 September 2011

Circular

It was my sister-in-law's 30th Birthday last week so I of course I had to make her a cake! I went very bright and colourful for this one!
I cut the stars out and attached them to wires so they would 'spring' out the cake! I made a coloured cake too, first time I've done this, it was pink/red marble, not that the marble worked that well! 
The 30 are candles, they looked great alight!! My sister-in-law liked it so that was good!

Sketch 267 went up on Scrapbook Challenges last week too, here my take on it!
It's a bit different for me! Quite simple, circles, a couple of buttons and I hand stitched down the sides of the photos.
Sorry I haven't been around much, I seem to have a lot to get done lately, also started a new venture so been setting that up but more on that some other time!

Thanks for stopping by.
Back soon with more! xx

2 comments:

  1. Your sis is one lucky duck that cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on SC's sketch is fantastic! I have decided that this year I will perfect my hand-stitching, such a great look!
    That cake is fantastic! My sister & I make cakes and it is no easy task! Your sister-in-law is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!