Monday 8 August 2011

Book Inspiration

 I'm pleased to say I have made it on to The Studio Design Team for another 6 months! I love doing these challenges and it has now gone back to just layout challenges every other week so can't wait to get stuck in!

 This weeks challenge was to get inspiration from books anyway you like. I had a look around for book covers to inspire me and as soon as I saw this one I knew I have to have a go at this!
I loved the images around the outside of the book and I decided to have go at it myself! I hand painted quite a lot of it, misted a bit, used a few die cut bits and stenciled the three big images. My Mum recently found a sheet of stencils of three beach themed images on that we used to have in the bathroom many years ago, when stenciling was in fasten!! She gave them to me to use and they were great for this, they misted and painted really well!
The photo is one I took from my few days aways and the journaling is about my love for the beach.
You must see what the design team did with this challenge as everyone took a different take in their inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by, please let me know if you dropped in, I'd love to see who's looking, I'm always on the look for new blogs to follow!!
Back Soon xx

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty! Very gentle! Nice idea on the book cover "copy"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!