Friday 21 January 2011

Sweet

It's Designer Friday today on Tessa's blog for Precocious Paper and it was Amanda's and my turn create something! Tessa spent me these lovely sweet spots in pink and black. I decided to go with a boy/girl layout as the colours work well with them. I took this photo of my nephew, Rowan cuddling his Nanny (my mum!) I turned the photo black and white so the colours didn't clash with the sweet spots, I don't really scrap that many black and white photos so it was something different for me! I used some Black Magic cardstock and sanded a rectangle down so the light pink showed through. It's a shame you can't see it that well in these photos. I have a pack of this cardstock that I really should use more often, it was quite hard work sanding it down through!!
 I added a few borders, ribbons and a journaling strip to the bottom of the photo and added a title. Then added some pink cross stitches and gems dotted around it and there you have it!
I still have some sweet spots left but they have cupcakes on them so you know what type of layout I'll use those on don't you?!!

I added a new kit to my shop today it's called Snow Bright, great for all those snowy photos that we've all got hanging around. Tomorrow's the last day left to apply to be February's Guest designer so please get those entries in, I would love to see them and you could get a free kit to play with, there's a sneak peek of it on the blog!

Thanks for your comments they mean a lot.
Back soon xx

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!