Friday 11 December 2009

Festive things

Well, I don't know where the days have gone! I'm still here! I've been quite busy, so here's a bit of what I've been up to. There's no Christmas journal to show you yet, I need to photograph it so I will be back with that soon, also need to catch up with it!

First up is the advent calendar I made for my nephew. I bought it before last Christmas but I decided he was a bit young for it then. It was just a piece of material like this. After I was finished with it looked like this!

I stitched all the pockets on with the sewing machine and added some wadding on to Santa for the edges on his coat.
I cut out Rowan's name from felt and stitched it on with blanket stitch and then quilted it. I added wadding to the back and stitched around santa's face and chimney to hold it in place. I added a rod to hold it straight and put some nice festive red material on the back. I filled it with Pepper Pig jigsaw pieces as Pepper is his favourite thing at the minute! Thought jigsaw was a good thing to put in it for his age, I also give his mum some chocolate coins for it too! It was quite a lot of work but I was really pleased with how it turned out in the end and Rowan loves it and that's the main thing!


I have been doing quite a few festive things which are all or will be in my Christmas journal! I went to London at the weekend to see my sister and Brother-in-law and to see the Christmas lights. The lights were amazing, I took lots of photos for my journal but here's a little taster!
Hopefully we will be getting our tree this weekend, I love real Christmas trees you can't beat that smell true Christmas! I'll be back soon. xx

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!