Wednesday 4 August 2010

Misty Eyed

I've had a great response to my shop, lots of people have been very kind and left me some really lovely comments which mean a lot and I now also have orders to do!! I need to catch up on things so I thought I would for now just show you my lastest layout for The Studio, I must show you because I love this one!

The challenge was Masking! Find something creative from around your home to use as a mask for misting, inking or painting on your layout. I had to think about this one, I didn't know what to do! I have been collecting by my bed(!!) a small pile of tags and labels from clothes and bags I have bought so I decided it was about time a used them! I placed some of the tags on my background and misted over them with red and yellow shimmer mists. I then flicked some paint around over it to mess it up a bit! I love getting messy with mist and paint!! I added some of the real tags on to the page too. I love the fact you can't really tell which tags are real!

I made a holes in the background where the real holes on the tags would have been and tied string, thread or ribbon onto them, I also stitched around some of the misted tags so they stood out a bit more.
I took the photos when we went to London's 2012 Olympic park viewing platform, in the shelter they had lots of these little boxes of art, to add a bit of interest to a building site!!
I didn't even used any patterned paper! I didn't think it needed any. I do love how it turned out though!

Better go and get on with my orders!!

Thanks for looking, I'll be back with more soon. xx

1 comment:

  1. This layout is simply delightful. Good luck with your shop!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!