Friday, 4 March 2011

The Studio Blog Hop

Hi everyone!!

Welcome to The Studio Challenges blog hop! You should have arrived here from Amanda, but if you haven't you need to go back to the start of this list..
The Studio
Amanda Jones
Anna -You are here!
Nadia Cannizzo
Teresa
Val
Brenda
Fabi
Natalie Hearn
Rossella
Tessa Buys
Irini Liolia
Julie Dix
Julie Tucker-Wolek
The Studio

We hope you feel inspired along the way, as we have this beautiful sketch, kindly designed for us by the super talented Anna Bowkis - Founder of Pencil Lines. Each design member from The Studio has created their own layout, card or off the page version based on this sketch.
Here is my interpretation...
I love the shape of the sketch so I decided to make it a bit smaller and cut it out some waste paper and used it as a mask to mist over, I then hand stitched a border around it. I also made ruffles with net and fabric. I made my layout with the 'Ture Love' kit from my shop, The Make and Create Shop. Everything I used except the title and pearls is from the embellishment kit.
We would love to see your take on the sketch, please link it in the comments of The Studio blog.

Our main sponsor for a prize on the studio blog is Scrap With V.
In order to be entered for the main prize you must be or become a follower AND comment on ALL blogs along the way.

There will also be some other prizes along the way which our Design Team have kindly donated.

So here's my prize, how would you like to win some goodies from my shop?! All you have to do is write a comment on this post and become a follower of my blog to be entered. The prize will be a selection of embellishments including ribbons and handmade embellishments in the colours of your choice!

The Blog Hop starts today, March 4th and runs through Tuesday 7th March with the winner of the main prize to be announced on The Studio blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking part in our blog hop!
We hope you found some inspiration along the way.

Your next stop is Heather.

37 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty layout - great use of misting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the misting and stitching on your LO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly stunning page - that hand-stitching is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have thought of misting the design, genious! Shall have to scraplift this idea if you dont mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely misting and stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will agree with the above, the misting is eye catching, and love the stitching around the bracket ... really makes it pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun this blog hop!! Thank you!!
    What a romantic interpretation!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! love the colours, the layers...and the misting is wow!!!!
    off to Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loveeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love that misting and the trim!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. rich deep colours and love your little cluster o embellies .. gorgeous . hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your masking and embellies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stitching on your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the monochromatic look! The misting is great. I'm a new follower!
    -Suzy
    suzyq28024@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't get enough of misting! this is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the misting and stitching! Great lo!
    I am new follower!!!!
    Eleni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really romantic page!!! Just became a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely page,fantastic!!!!!Compliments!!
    Just became follower,hi Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow lovely Lo.
    Just became follower.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful LO.... I'm a new follower... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the misting and stitching! Now I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the blog hop
    wonderful susy
    nuovo seguace
    gioeleandrea@alice.it

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the page....i'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely layout, Anna! The misting is wonderful and that ruffle so pretty! :) Im happy to be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very sweet layout, love the misting, the ruffles and the playing card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your blog and am so excited to be joining in the blog hop this weekend!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome job with all the misting1

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your layout is gorgeous. I like the added touch of the playing card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally scrap lifting the misting technique!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I LOVE your layout and how it focused upon the elements and photo, it's beautiful!!!
    Have a great day!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  30. interesting take of the sketch. I'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the stiching on your page, I very often use stiching on my pages too

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the card "2 hearts"
    kiss
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful layout design and style!

    I am now a follower of your blog - so very nice to meet you!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!